INVESTING in the CENTER for CREATIVE EDUCATION’S NEW ARTS AND CULTURE COMPLEX is YOUR investment in our youth and community.
Vibrant – dynamic – artistic – cultural. Change is clearly afoot in the Hudson Valley, and perhaps nowhere is this more apparent than in the City of Kingston itself.
And firmly rooted within our City’s culture, the Center for Creative Education [CCE], a long-valued partner, continues to be a major catalyst in this terrific transformation and revitalization – we are now witnessing former factories and abandoned buildings and businesses purposefully being turned into renewed places where accessible, inclusive, non-intimidating and affordable platforms for creativity, self-confidence and self-expression can develop successfully for young and old alike.
By generating and promoting this way of life within our community, we can work toward a human commonality of respect and inclusion through the arts. And research shows that children exposed to the arts have a greater chance of succeeding in school and beyond.
CREATING AN ELECTRIFYING BUZZ IN KINGSTON
RUPCO’s new “Energy Square” site located within Mid-town’s Broadway Corridor at the intersection of Cedar and Iwo Jima Lane
In order to respond to this on-going revitalization, CCE needs to expand not only our programs and opportunities for these diverse audiences (presently, we can serve only 180 students per week), but also our physical space.
Frankly, CCE has completely outgrown our space at 15 Railroad Avenue.
RUPCO’s new “Energy Square” site will include:
- The transformation of a dilapidated building into a multi-use site
- Net-Zero Energy efficient building
- 58 mixed-income housing units
- Rooftop Garden for community events and receptions
- Center for Creative Education’s new Arts and Culture Complex
LAUNCHING A CAPITAL CAMPAIGN CHALLENGE – CREATING A LEGACY
“ARTS WITH A PURPOSE!”
CCE’s new Arts and Culture Complex at “Energy Square” will house:
- 1,700 square foot Dance Studio with stage, sound system, theater lighting and Black Box Theater (or experimental theater)
- Arts and Education Exhibition space
- Drum Room
- Exploration Room – art, reading, writing, visual arts
- Technology Room
- Job training programs for our youth; job creation in the arts and culture
- Expanded innovative CCE programming for all ages – including low income, minority and at-risk youth
Kingston is a city of great compassion, with an expressed concern for our next generations. The Center for Creative Education now invites you to join in creating this legacy that will nurture “Arts with a Purpose!”
Thank you for your generosity and commitment to CCE’s Capital Campaign Challenge 2018. We look forward to your continued involvement with this exciting future.